- We are about to destroy the Earth with (what we think is) “Western Capitalism sent from God.”
- A false integration of business and spirituality because the integration is American-style.
- Self-exportation: Terrence is an ace marketer for a major US Flooring Company and he plans to help people replicate himself overseas. Huzzah.
- THE message is an add-on: We have a spiritual message disconnected from a business message.
- Concurrently: a) complex Other-culture regulations and grinding hours of labor; b) efficiency experts.
- Listening and hearing – you. Listening and hearing – them.
- Leveraging American know-how among Non-American people in Non-American places.
- Loveless leveraging.
- Leading with fast and efficient “loud-speak” in nuanced, ceremonial realms without clocks.
- Mi transparency, su transparency: The expectation of full-disclosure partnerships.
- Mi workplace, su ажлын байран дахь: Thinking that the American workplace and the Mongolian workplace (and work process) are the same, or nearly, sorta (just dairy cows vs yaks).
- Prayerlessness in our larger community.
- “Hey (high-five) Bramachaudra Soongling, I’m Bob”: The assumption of informal equality.
- “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. (source: Bible, verbatim)
- “I get it,” said the newly arrived foreigner: You don’t.
- SUCCESS is pre-defined by the BAM initiator.
************************************* The above eat at my brain, nag at my hope, shiver me timbers, and make me think there is at least one field of study in the BAM community that begs rigorous attention.