EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT and TASK COMPLETION in the Other Culture
To develop a winning workforce that produces,
here are 16 questions that businesses and managers can consider!
Wait – I only see 8 questions?
Double duty: Be sure to turn them around
and provide your Home Culture’s answers to these questions.
Cultural-difference factors that may impact EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Who is recognized as being responsible?
- How does the Other culture handle conflict?
- What is considered motivation in the Other culture?
- How is task completion viewed in the Other culture?
Cultural-difference factors that may affect TASK COMPLETION
- What resources are available in the Other culture?
- Are the rewards associated with task completion appropriate, as judged by the Other culture?
- What notions of time does the Other culture have?
- In the Other culture, how do relationship-building and task-oriented work typically interact?
NOTE: The framework for the above is derived from DuPraw and Axner’s Working on Common Cross-cultural Challenges at http://www.pbs.org/ampu/crosscult.html